Dog Runs/Dog Houses
Requires submittal of Design Review Request.
Dog runs are areas within a property that are fenced specifically for securing a pet. Dog houses are small enclosures for security or weather protection for a pet. Dog runs and dog houses must be reasonably isolated and adequately screened from adjacent properties, and located in the rear or side yard. Local ordinances regarding noise, odors and other nuisances will be in effect.
Evaluation Criteria for dog runs/houses include, but are not limited to:
- Materials and installation methods must be completed in accordance with manufacturers recommended procedures;
- Integrates with the landscape plan;
- Reasonably conforms and harmonizes with surroundings;
- Partially screened from adjacent properties by fence and/or vegetation and is not readily visible from street level;
- Located in the back or side yard.
- Dog run fencing materials may be vinyl coated chain link, wood or other acceptable materials (see Fences, Walls & Handrails).
Maintenance Critera for dog runs/houses include, but are not limited to:
- Dog houses will be maintained in the same fashion as primary structures.
- Dog run fences will be maintained in the same fashion as other property fences.
- Dog waste will be properly disposed of in a timely manner so as to mitigate odor and control pests.