May require submittal of Design Review Request.
Driveways are any hard surface used to access a garage or parking area within a private property.
Alterations to an existing driveway require approval. Replacement of an existing driveway using the same materials, of the same dimensions, and in the same location does not require approval. Driveway expansions will not encroach on existing easements must be 18-inches off the property line, can not exceed 25-feet in width, and will not interfere with drainage. Asphalt paving is not permitted for single-family or duplex driveways.
Evaluation Criteria for driveways include, but are not limited to:
- Materials and installation methods must be completed in accordance with manufacturers recommended procedures
- Integrates with the landscape plan
- Reasonably conforms and harmonizes with surroundings
Maintenance Criteria for driveways include, but are not limited to:
- Cracked or uneven driveways will be repaired or replaced.
- Driveways must be kept free of stains, oil leaks, etc.