Requires submittal of a Design Review Request.
A pool is used for swimming recreation. In-ground pools typically entail engineered plans and require building permits. Only in-ground pools will be considered for approval.
Evaluation Criteria for pools include, but are not limited to:
- Materials and installation methods must be completed in accordance with manufacturers recommended procedures;
- Integrates with the landscape plan;
- Reasonably conforms and harmonizes with surroundings;
- Located within property setbacks and does not obstruct easements;
- Located in back yard and is not immediately visible to adjacent properties;
- Does not create an unreasonable level of noise for adjacent property owners from maintenance equipment;
- Complies with applicable city building codes;
- Incorporates appropriate safety features (locks, covers) to deter unwanted access.