Vacant Lot Landscaping
May require a Design Review Request.
- Vacant lots must be kept free of trash and debris.
- Vacant lots may not be used for storage of construction materials, equipment or debris unless construction is underway.
- Vacant lots must, at a minimum, be graded and have perennial native grasses as ground cover to control dust and surface erosion.
- Vacant lots must be mowed at regular intervals during the growing season. Grass, weeds or plant material shall not exceed six inches in height.
- If the vacant lot has an existing tree lawn adjacent to the lot, the tree lawn must irrigated and the trees maintained.
- Establishing a taller, native grass landscape would be considered an active landscape effort and would require the submission of a Design Review Request that includes a plan for establishing the native landscaping and for ongoing maintenance of the native area.